HAZ is the trade association representing and promoting the interests of owners and operators of hotels, restaurants, clubs and related establishments throughout Zimbabwe. HAZ has been in existence for 71 years and represents a very important constituency, given the hospitality sector’s status as a major employer, earner of foreign currency and contributor to the national economy.
Among the aims and objectives of HAZ are:
- Creation of awareness of the industry and its national significance;
- Representation to the government on policy issues to encourage the right environment for growth of industry;
- Informing members of the relevant legislation, regulation and topical issues to enable them to improve performance;
- Liaising with suppliers to make sure that the industry is adequately serviced and equipped;
- Promoting professionals standards and training among members, in the interest of efficiency and guest satisfaction.
HAZ exists to deliver value to members with common interests through professional service delivery, lobbying, capacity building, quality assurance, business linkages, investment promotion, marketing, research and development and information dissemination.
Its governance structure is headed by an elected executive committee, consisting of the President, 2 Vice Presidents and 18 regional representatives. The executive committee has several subcommittees, which address various pertinent matters, including economic affairs, supplies, tourism, collective bargaining, training and skills, administration and finance, membership and public relations.
There are three types of membership:
Ordinary - open to all hotels, restaurants and similar establishments
Associate - open to all related establishments such as clubs, offering similar services
Affiliate - open to people and organizations with similar interests or objectives to the Association, including suppliers, allied trades and organizations in other sectors of the tourism industry.
129 Baines Avenue
P.O. Box CY 398 Causeway Harare