The Zimbabwe Tour Operators Association (ZTOA) is the a subsector body of the Zimbabwe Council for Tourism representing the business interests of tour operators, tour wholesalers and destination management companies operating in Zimbabwe.
Formed in 1993 the association engages such stakeholders as Zimbabwe Parks abd Wildlife Authority, Department of Immigration, Zimbabwe Tourism Authority, lawmakers and enforcement agencies, training institutions and sister associations in the travel and tourism industry in dialogue, lobbying and advocating for the best interests of its members
- Promote the non-consumptive tour industry.
- Co-operate with government, parastatals, non-government organisations and other interested parties in the conservation of Zimbabwe’s environment, flora and fauna.
- Promote among members (& uphold) high standards of business and professional ethics in the tourism industry.
- Prevent, as far as possible, illegal or unacceptable practices in the industry and amongst its members.
- Promote and encourage training of all categories of employees engaged in the industry.
- Promote and safeguard the interests and welfare of association members and their employees.
- Co-operate with other associations in Africa and elsewhere having objectives similar to those of ZTOA.
- Provide professional service to local and overseas tourists.
Members are governed by a Code of Conduct, which ensures the highest possible ethical and professional standards. An Executive Committee manages the association, while the day-to-day affairs of ZTOA are handled by a Secretariat team.
Full membership of the association is confined to Zimbabwe-registered tour operators, tour wholesalersdestination management companies, while associate membership is offered to any company or organisation based in Zimbabwe or elsewhere, with an interest in the Zimbabwe tourism industry. These include, but are not limited to, partners and suppliers to the trade.
Members benefit through the association’s network, sharing a database for the purposes of fleet sub-contraction, employment support, referral business and national issues which may affect business, such as marketing, including facilitating joint educational and promotional familiarisation tours.
C/o Wenhau Safaris